Saturday 2021.10.16
Shabbat Shalom. Today is the Seventh Day of the Biblical Week. Let us keep the Fourth Commandment by rest from all our work in remembrance of the Sabbath.
In my OT reading today, I finished reading the last fourteen psalms, from Psalm 137 to Psalm 150 in the Book of Psalms. Tomorrow I will go on to read the Book of Proverbs using the King James Version
In my NT reading, I finished the last six chapters of the Gospel of Mark and I will continue with the Gospel of Luke tomorrow using the Weymouth New Testament.
The last four verses of Mark chapter 12 tells of a widow who came to the treasury of the temple, and while many rich people were giving much money to the treasury, this poor widow put in only two small coins. Upon seeing this, the Lord Iesou called his disciples and told them, most probably to their surprise, that this widow had cast in more money than all the others.
- Mark 12:41 - 44 JND
-
41 And Jesus, having sat down opposite the treasury, saw how the crowd was
casting money into the treasury; and many rich cast in much.
42 And a poor widow came and cast in two mites, which is a farthing.
43 And having called his disciples to him he said to them, Verily I say unto you, This poor widow has cast in more than all who have cast into the treasury:
44 for all have cast in of that which they had in abundance, but she of her destitution has cast in all that she had, the whole of her living.
In today's readings, I have read a total of 166 verses from the OT and 253 verses from the NT.
Today's Passages:
Psalm 137:1 - 150:6 NIV (166 verses)
Mark 11:1 - 16:20 JND (253 verses)