Saturday 19Feb2022
Today's Passages
2 Samuel 17:1 - 24:25 NIV (252 verses)
1 Kings 1:1 - 4:34 NIV (161 verses)
Romans 14:1 - 16:27 KJV (83 verses)
1 Corinthians 1:1 - 7:40 KJV (164 verses)
Shabbat Shalom.
Today is the Seventh Day of the Biblical week. Let us rest from all our work and keep the Fourth Commandment.
On this Sabbath Day, I was able to read longer portions from both the Old and New Testaments.
My Old Testament reading covered the last eight chapters of the book of Second Samuel followed by the first four chapters of First Kings. From the New Testament, I read the last three chapters of Paul's Epistle to the Romans. This was followed by reading another seven chapters from First Corinthians.
Altogether, I read 413 verses from the Old Testament and 247 verses from the New Testament, about three times my daily reading quota of 128 OT and 88 NT verses respectively.
Today I am reminded by Romans chapter 15 verses 5 and 6 to pray that all believers in the assembly of God's people to be likeminded, to glorify God - the Father of our Lord Iesus the Anointed One - with "one mind and one mouth".
- Romans 15:5 - 6 KJV King James Version
-
5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one
toward another according to Christ Jesus:
6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans chapter 15 also refers to God the Father of our Lord Iesus as:
- the God of Patience 15:5,
- the God of Hope 15:13, and
- the God of Peace 15:33.
About two years ago, I wrote a short devotion on this passage, link below: