Tuesday 20Dec2022
Today I finished my Fourth Round of reading the Old Testement.
I started reading the Old Testament for the fourth time on 13Jun22. It took me 6¼ months to finish this reading cycle.
Looking back, I embarked on my first round of Old Testament reading in May 2020, just two months into the beginning of the pandemic — it was actually my second round because I first read through the Bible during my university undergraduate years in the early 1980s.
The following list summarises the start and end dates of my Old Testament readings to date:
- 1st OT Cycle: 14May20 – 12Jun21 (13 months)
- 2nd OT Cycle: 13Jun21 – 13Dec21 (6 months)
- 3rd OT Cycle: 13Dec21 – 21May22 (5¼ months)
- 4th OT Cycle: 13Jun22 – 22Dec22 (6¼ months)
I will be taking a short break from reading Old Testament, for the remaining twelve days of the year, and will embark on my Fifth Round of OT reading when the new year begins.
For my next round of OT reading, I plan to read smaller portions each day, covering only about 64 verses a day instead of my current 128 verses a day. This means I will take the whole of next year to complete my Fifth cycle of OT instead of taking six months as I have done in the past.
Full details of my Bible Reading Cycles can be found at the link below —