10 June 2021

A very long chapter

Thursday 2021.06.10
Malay: hari Khamis, Hebrew: Chamishi (the Fifth Day)

Today I read the longest chapter so far in this cycle of OT readings: 89 verses in chapter ten of 1 Maccabees. I have also finished reading the two chapters in the short book of Haggai, leaving me only with Zechariah (which I have begun reading today) and Malachi as the remaining books of the OT.

With only eleven chapters of Zechariah and four chapters of Malachi left to be read, I will stop my concurrent reading of two books a day in the OT. From tomorrow onwards, I will be reading only Zechariah, after which I will proceed with Malachi, the final book of the OT. That will conclude the first cycle of OT reading which began in May last year.

Summary:
Haggai 1:1 - 2:23 J.N.Darby's Translation --> (ended)
Zechariah 1:1 - 3:10 American Standard Version
Matthew 4:1 - 25 King James Version
1 Maccabees 10:1 - 89 Septuagint Brenton

I will give you a new heart

OT   7th Cycle.    NT   14th Cycle.    Sun 20Sep2026 Fri 18Sep2026 Ezekiel 11:1 - 17:24 (194 verses) WE...