14 September 2021

Hosea ben Beeri

Tuesday 2021.09.14

This morning, the third day of the biblical week, I begin reading Hosea in the OT, the first book of the Twelve Minor Prophets (from Hosea to Malachi) under the Latter Prophets section of the Neviim division of Hebrew scriptures. I covered chapters 1 through 3 of Hosea. (Please visit link below for details of the Torah, Neviim, and Khetuvim.)

The prophet Hosea ben Beeri was called by Yehovah to prophesy to the children of Judah and Israel during the reigns of the Tenth to the Thirteenth Kings of Judah, (and the Thirteenth King of Israel):

  • 10. Uzziah ben Amaziah (13. Jeroboam ben Jehoash of Israel)
  • 11. Jotham ben Uzziah
  • 12. Ahaz ben Jotham
  • 13. Hezekiah ben Ahaz

For a full list of all the twenty kings of Judah and the nineteen kings of Israel, please visit the following page:

Hosea 1:1 ASV
The word of Jehovah that came unto Hosea the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.

For my NT reading today, I finished reading the entire Second Epistle of Peter, from chapters 1 through 3. Tomorrow I will proceed with reading the First Epistle of John using the Good News Bible.

Today's Passages:
Hosea 1:1 - 3:5 NIV
2 Peter 1:1 - 3:18 NKJV -- 1 John GNB

I will give you a new heart

OT   7th Cycle.    NT   14th Cycle.    Sun 20Sep2026 Fri 18Sep2026 Ezekiel 11:1 - 17:24 (194 verses) WE...